Long Term Care
What is Long Term Care Insurance?
Long term care services address the health, social and personal care needs of individuals who have lost the ability to care for themselves. While a certain degree of public support is available, government programs are not comprehensive and long-term care services can be costly.
The level of health care and personal assistance we need, and the cost to meet these needs, increase with age, with the average Canadian experiencing 9 to 14 of the final years of their life in diminished health.*
- the average life expectancy of a Canadian male is 78 years. More than nine of those years are expected to be with a diminished quality of life.
- the average life expectancy of a Canadian female is 83 years. Just over 14 of those are expected to be with a diminished quality of life.*
* Source: Statistics Canada, 2012
Long term care insurance helps to pay for care services that other plans don’t provide, bridging the gap between what is provided and the extra care or services a client might want to access. Long term care insurance helps cover the costs of care, meaning:
- Clients have more choices around the kind of care and amount of care they’ll receive.
- Clients’ savings and investments can be preserved. It’s important to recognize and consider future healthcare needs and the impact choices and expectations have on plans for the future. Long term care insurance can help with financial protection for your plans and the means to pay for the level of care you’ll want and expect.
Long Term Care Insurance provides:
- Freedom, to enjoy your money now, and in retirement, because you’re prepared. Having a plan that helps protect your savings means living retirement to its fullest.
- Choice, from a product that can be tailored to your needs, and which provides features and options that will allow for more choice when needed in your retirement years.
- Flexibility, from a benefit that can be used to pay for the type of care that’s right for your needs and your situation – whether it’s purchasing private home care or compensating a child who provides assistance.
We have several plans to meet your needs. So, don’t hesitate. Call today, to secure your tomorrow.